Webinar Series & Masterclasses
- Resilient Working Parents Webinar Series
- Results through flexibility: A Manager's guide to flexible work Webinar Series
- Flexible Work Masterclass - face to face
- Working Parents Masterclass - face to face
Resilient Working Parents Webinar Series
Can you ‘have it all’? Are you tired and overwhelmed? Must you take the ‘mummy/daddy track’ at work after having children?
Learn how to manage your career post-kids, conduct a ‘career health check’, increase your productivity and results, find a mentor, ask for flexibility and tap into your new-found resilience.
In 65% of Australian families, both parents work. This webinar series assists employees to safeguard their professional development despite the challenges of managing work and family - increasing productivity and confidence, in order to thrive.
Worried about the ageing workforce, skills shortages, Gen Y entering parenthood and incoming 'Digital Natives'? Employers of choice offer well-considered flexible work arrangements in an increasingly competitive market.
Learn why you need to factor this into your management skills, why employees ask for flexibility, what your role is as a manager in light of the new National Employment Standards and equip yourself with the tools, templates and communication skills to negotiate a win-win flexible work proposal with your staff.
Sally Dorsett, Department of Defence: "We have utilised, on a number of occasions, the highly skilled and professional 'Career Mums' service to help influence the work carried out in the Air Force flexible employment area. The excellent training offered by this organisation has had a significant and positive impact on our HR workforce, helping to provide our personnel managers with creative solutions to sometimes difficult workforce issues. I would thoroughly recommend Kate and her team to other organisions wishing to move forward in the contemporary workforce space."
Our Flexible Work Masterclass workshop is designed exclusively for line managers and HR managers needing assistance to:
- Establish the importance of senior management buy-in with the introduction of flexible working hours
- Understand the growing trends towards a remote and flexible workforce
- Create and manage flexible workforce
- Establish structure in handling flexible work requests
- Assess flexible work arrangements
- Manage telecommuters
Feedback from participants:
- 'Very helpful and maintained interest'.
- 'This course educates senior managers how to be a leader.'
- 'Excellent, very enjoyable and interactive. Session should be presented to Command Courses (Defence).'
- 'Great group – easy environment to converse.'
- 'Open discussion was very helpful, content was very helpful and appropriate – great!'
- 'Good, sound course.'
- 'The workshop has increased our awareness of flexibility and how to generate more effective take up.'
- 'Excellent – loved the open discussion forum, real life examples, and work book with templates.’
- ‘A great course. Will recommend to other staff members.’
- ‘I am looking forward to seeing flex work develop in our workplace stemming from discussions in this workshop.’
- ‘Great – will recommend to my peers.’
- ‘Great workshop. Facilitators were very approachable and made the workshop very relaxed and conducive to discussions.’
- “A very innovative workshop which covered many obstacles and successes within a modern workplace!”
- “We have been bogged down in complexities (legal, process). Today made me think that it does not have to be complicated.”
- “Excellent class – well run and significantly informative. An eye-opener for someone with little experience in this area.”
- “Very informative and the range of information provided can be utilised in a variety of work environments.”
Returning to work as new parents can seem daunting. Do I still fit in? How will I juggle everything? How can I make the most of my time? What about my career progression? Is work-and-family balance possible?
When parents feel supported and understood in the workplace, they make effective, productive, engaged and resilient employees.
The Working Parents’ Masterclass is an appealing attraction-and-retention tool - offering employees detailed, practical guidance for managing the transition into working parenthood, while enhancing an organisation's standing as an “Employer of Choice".
Feedback from participants:
- Nadia Sams, Greythorn Recruitment: "Hi Kate and Emma, I wanted to say thank you for the Working Parents Masterclass that I attended today - what a fantastic workshop! I gained some really valuable tips, knowledge and understanding of how to better balance work and parenting, and enjoyed sharing experiences and advice with other parents. I feel like I now have some tools I can use to get more of what I want out of life, feel more on top of being a working parent, and importantly - a better ability to negotiate flexibility with my employer."
- 'Very good course – felt safe and not ‘judged’'
- 'Great content, excellent presenters and supportive environment'
- 'Very relaxing and non-judgemental course with very good and experienced facilitators'
- 'Thank you for helping me feel I can be brave!'
- 'Learnt some great techniques that I can apply to my work and home life'
- 'The best aspect was knowing there are other people going through the same thing, and being able to talk openly about it'
- 'The best aspect was knowing I am not the only one feeling like this'
- 'The best aspect was feeling like everything will be okay and that everyone is facing the same battles'
- 'I got so much out of the day and have spoken highly of the course since. I will gladly pass your Masterclass flyer around my office and friends.'
- ‘Brilliant way to talk about an important topic in a relaxed environment. Thoroughly enjoyable.’
- ‘Loved it!’
- 'Thank you for such a wonderful course, it has sincerely made me think about what I do want out of my current working environment and what I expect of myself and employer for the next couple of years as far as development and advancement.' Rhyll, Department of Finance
- 'Very helpful'
- 'Will assist me to think through an effective strategy for my wife’s return to work'
- 'Really helpful – I wish I could have done this before returning to work'
- 'Really enjoyed the workshop – has given me good ‘take-aways’ and the confidence to implement them'
- 'This course was delightful and helpful'
- 'Fantastic day - the content was excellent!'
- 'Loved it! Very interesting. Would highly recommend it to all parents.'
- 'I'm feeling renewed and inspired and I'll be taking a great report back to my workplace.'
- 'Great interactive discussion and fabulous life experiences/stories from the presenters and attendees. Very inspiring.'